Industry Conference – Exploring the latest issues in the property development market, from finance to construction
The conference, billed as the first of its kind to bring together developers, lenders and representatives from the construction industry to explore the latest issues, legislation, products and funding availability. Organised by BuildStore Financial Services, the self build, renovation and conversion mortgage specialists, the conference was held at the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon on May 29th.
The housing market is now a major priority for the Government and the publication of its Housing Strategy last year presents a unique opportunity for developers to take advantage of the release of public sector land, the push to bring empty properties into use, and the New Homes Bonus Scheme for councils.
The Government is keen to see regional developers play a bigger role in providing new homes, and with commercial lending making a strong comeback through BuildStore, there are real opportunities for developers to profit in the current market.
Build-Zone Director Simon Middleton gave this presentation on The Business of Property Development – The new Home Warranty
Property Development & Construction Conference Presentations:
- The Development Finance Market – Michael Cartwright, BuildStore Financial Services
- The Business of Property Development – Efficient accounting and tax for property ventures – Mark Turner, Lubbock Fine
- The Business of Property Development – Development Pitfalls – Simon Barnett, Boote Edgar Esterkin
- The Business of Property Development – The New Home Warranty – Simon Middleton, BuildZone
- Introduction to MMC & Eco Construction – Tim Doherty, Buildstore
- Enabling Development: Policies & Legislation – Mario Wolf, DCLG and Ted Stevens, NaSBA
The Build-Zone 10 Year Structural Warranty is CLG designated warranty scheme provider with provision available for housing, social housing, commercial development, completed and self-build properties.
Build-Zone offer a flexible and competitive approach to warranty provision in all sectors of the construction and building industry. To speak to one of Build-Zone’s Structural Warranty experts, call 0845 230 9873 or visit www.build-zone.com